SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES
NZ Passionist Young Adult retreat held 17th-19th July 2015
Thanks to Fr Ray Sanchez Passionist Priest from Brisbane for coming over so soon after the Passionist 4 yearly Provincial Chapter and ministering to the young people in NZ.
Ray’s presenting style was well received and the content drawing in each to explore the inner child gave great insight and proved challenging for some.
The session exploring our church, where it’s been and where will we end up after this time of transition also created food for thought and sharing of ideas.
The atmosphere at retreat was welcoming, open and all enjoyed working together to create a great liturgy, meals, entertainment, warm mulled wine, punch and sharing in music, song, games and conversation.
There is no doubt in the value of faith formation for young adults, and providing a loving environment to support it.
Feedback from the Young Adults:
What has retreat meant to me –
- Renewing prayer, reflecting on myself / how I have changed and the want to keeping improving for the better.
- Deeper understanding on the inner child and where the church is at, where it’s going and our place in it.
- A time to relax and take time out of a busy schedule and come away with God.
- A time of personal reflection and refreshment.
- Provided me with tools to maintain spiritual and psychological health.
- An insightful time. I really enjoyed discussing intimate and personal concepts with people I can trust.
- A chance to step aside from all the distractions of everyday life and reflect on who I am and who God is to me.
- Meeting and getting to know other Young Catholic adults.
- Time to reflect on myself, who I am, my past and my relationship with God. It has been a really challenging healing experience with lost of growth.